Like last year, we will again be holding a People's Choice event at the pub during our Hoptoberfest celebration on Friday, October 5th. To be considered, you must be present to help pour beers for the public from 5 to 7pm. They will be tasting and voting for their favorites. You are not required to participate in this part of the competition, but it is highly encouraged. The more participants we have, the more fun it will be for everyone!
If you do wish to partake in the fun, please arrive at Worthy no later than 4:30pm on Friday to help set up. Our host will direct you where to go. We'll provide all the accoutrements; we just need your help pouring and chatting about beer!
What prospective competitors need to know:
1. You are limited to one entry, but there is no registration fee.
2. This is a fresh hop competition, so brew only fresh hop beers!
3. The competition is registered with AHA/BJCP and beers will be judged according to BJCP styles 18B (American Pale Ale), 21A (American IPA), and 21B (Specialty IPA).
4. You must use at least 16 oz of fresh hops from the Worthy Hop Yard in your recipe, provided free of charge. You can use more if needed - just ask!
- Contact Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to place your order from available varieties.
- Hop orders will be ready by Friday, September 7th at the latest.
- Variety selection is on a first come, first serve basis; but those who help pick get first dibs!
- You must use Worthy hops in your recipe, but you can use other hops in addition. Contact any of our local farms to check their availability.
5. Beers are due on Wednesday, October 3rd. (Three 12-oz bottles for main judging, and an additional 150-oz for People's Choice competition - in keg, bottle, or bomber.) You'll receive more details after registering below.