2017 Hoptoberfest Brew-off
Here at WGC headquarters, we love all things beer - including our local home brewers. Inspired by the skill and creativity of this intrepid group, we decided to create an event to showcase their talents. And what better time to do it than fresh hop season? So the Hoptoberfest Brew-off was born. Our first year was a huge success, but we want this next year to be even greater. So keep an eye out this coming summer! We'll start sourcing entries in August, and hold the competition in September.
Like last year, we will again be holding a People's Choice event at the pub during our Hoptoberfest celebration (date TBD). To be considered, you must be present to help pour beers for the public from 4 to 6pm. They will be tasting and voting for their favorites. You are not required to participate in this part of the competition, but it is highly encouraged. The more participants we have, the more fun it will be for everyone! If you do wish to partake in the fun, please arrive in the Worthy beer garden no later than 3:30pm on Saturday to help set up. We'll provide all the accoutrements; we just need your help pouring and chatting about beer!
What prospective competitors need to know:
1. You are limited to one entry, but there is no registration fee.
2. This is a fresh hop competition, so brew only fresh hop beers!
3. Beers will be judged according to BJCP styles 18B (American Pale Ale) and 21A (American IPA).
4. You must use hops from the Worthy Hop Yard in your recipe, provided free of charge.
- Contact Lisa (email@example.com) to place your order from available varieties.
- Orders will be ready by Tuesday, August 30th at the latest.
- It's first come, first serve; but those who help pick get first dibs.
- You must use Worthy hops in your recipe, but of course you can use other hops in addition.
5. Please submit three 12-oz bottles for judging and seven 22-oz for the People's Choice portion.
- Label bottles with your name and style of beer (Pale ale or IPA).
(541) 647-6970 ext 220 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 495 NE Bellevue Dr, Bend, OR 97701 | Map Us