WHERE WE ARE WORKING:
Projects in areas across the state, including:
● Cascade foothills
● Willamette Valley
● Coast Range
On both private and public lands in once beautiful areas ravaged by forest fires.
Say hello to healthy ecosystems, scenic wilds, and a wave of renewed carbon sequestration.
Our target zones include:
● Deschutes National Forest: Including burned out areas alongside and South of McKenzie Highway, and restoration in the Whychus watershed.
● Willamette National Forest: Includes reforestation of the Jones and Whitewater Creek burned out areas.
● Tenmile Creek and the Central Coast Range: Private and Public land planting projects.
● Oregon Natural Desert Association projects in the John Day and Crooked River watersheds.
● And a variety of projects between Bend and the coast led by local watershed councils and land trusts.
Thanks to Roger Worthington’s vision, and generous seed funding from Worthy Garden Club, we are launching an ambitious plan to plant 1 million trees. Our vision is to take care of the places we love, and to step up as businesses, agencies and community members to do our part - together. Planting trees is a concrete way we will show this commitment.
Behind this work is a deep concern about:
● Climate change
● Wildfire risk
And a deep love for:
● Healthy forests
● Community and future generations
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
Operation Appleseed was inspired by a Nov 2019 lecture with scientist DR. BILL RIPPLE, which moved Roger to do something about the climate crisis. That night he had an idea:
“We’ll call this campaign “Operation Appleseed.” Instead of apple trees, we’ll plant evergreens and hardwoods. Instead of apples, they’ll bear something far sweeter than fruit – fresh, clean air and carbon storage, along with vital habitat for flora and fauna. We’ll be reforesting with a diverse array of native trees.”
-Roger Worthington, Worthy Brewing Company, November 2019
WORKING TOGETHER TO PLANT 1 MILLION TREES
FROM CENTRAL OREGON TO THE COAST. HELP US REACH OUR GOAL!
We are planting on public and private lands, where trees are already needed, and where our outstanding partners are ready to get to work.
Want to make a large donation? Contact David Blair at
THE MORE YOU GIVE, THE MORE WE PLANT.
Worthy Garden Club is a 501 (c) (3) and all of your donations are tax deductible.
495 NE Bellevue Dr. Bend, OR 97701 | 541.647.6970 Ext 220 | Tax ID# 46-231-732